Melbourne's Arcades

The Royal Arcade - A Golden Oldie

331-339 Bourke Street 1869-1870 Charles Webb (original north-south Bourke to Lt Collins Street arcade) 1902-1923 Hyndman and Bates (east-west Elizabeth Street addition) 2002-2004 Allom Lovell & Associates (restoration) The Royal Arcade was the second shopping arcade built in Melbourne with the first being the Queen’s Arcade , which was built in 1853. The Queen’s Arcade did not last long and was demolished long ago, leaving The Royal Arcade...