Tilba Tilba, the 1950s Chancellor & Patrick-designed Frankston South home sold

Tilba Tilba, the 1950s Chancellor & Patrick-designed Frankston South home sold
Tilba Tilba, the 1950s Chancellor & Patrick-designed Frankston South home sold

Tilba Tilba, the 1956 Chancellor & Patrick-designed Frankston South residence has been sold for $3,057,000.

The sale was settled only recently through Nicholas Lynch.

Set on 1390 sqm at 14 Gulls Way, the home has views of the bay.

The home has been updated. It was gutted by fire in 1989, then restored in sympathy with the integrity of the original design.

Each bedroom has oversized windows and doors allowing the water views to fill the home with light.

The open plan living is graced with American oak floors and flanked by a masterful kitchen and a majestic Moorooduc stone fireplace.

Two alfresco dining zones allow for year-round outdoor living.

The infinity pool was installed when the works were undertaken in 2010 with appointments appropriate for a home of historical significance.

Tilba Tilba, the 1950s Chancellor & Patrick-designed Frankston South home sold

Chancellor and Patrick was a Melbourne architecture firm, formed in 1953 by David Chancellor and Rex Patrick and dissolved in 1981, best known for their numerous houses designed in their signature dynamic, expressive take on organic architecture.

Gulls Way is a narrow street forming part of the subdivision of Yamala, the oldest mansion on Oliver’s Hill.

In the 1950s, the precinct became the site of an adventurous spate of Modernist architecture by local film, Chancellor & Patrick.

One of the most unusual is 1 Gulls Way, which is David Chancellor’s own 1950 house.

Just across the road from David Chancellor’s family home was Polperro, the landmark Johnston House at 6 Gulls Way.

Tags: 
Frankston

Comments

Be the first one to comment on this article
What would you like to say about this project?