720 Brunswick Street North Fitzroy remains listed

720 Brunswick Street North Fitzroy remains listed
720 Brunswick Street North Fitzroy remains listed

The landmark Salvation Army Barracks remains listed as trophy multi-zoned residence in North Fitzroy. 

The 720 Brunswick Street property was dedicated by Army founder General William Booth in 1884 and is an integral part of North Fitzroy's history.

Today the barracks is on offer as a multi-zoned residence with scope for further redevelopment of its vast rear structure to further living space or townhouses. 

!n 1996, Curtis Marsh the Melbourne sommelier of the Wandering Palate bought the former Salvation Army barracks and transformed it into a coherent and useful family house on 550sqm.

Interior spaces include an luxurious living room and formal dining room, flowing to glass-walled courtyards topped by an 8.5m Baltic-lined beam-and-truss ceiling; not surprisingly a full dual commercial kitchen with restaurant class appliances and cool room; a mezzanine sitting room adjoining three double bedrooms, study zone and two bathrooms; powder room and climate-controlled wine room (20,000 bottle capacity). 

With extensive glazing to private outdoor living areas and views, this city-fringe residence features hydronic heating, air conditioning, Portuguese sandstone floors, full security and premium fittings.

Arch Staver and Rick Daniel of Nelson Alexander have the residence listed at $3,500,000, although initial listing in in August 2014 was $4,100,000.

Tags: 
North Fitzroy

Comments

Be the first one to comment on this article
What would you like to say about this project?