67 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Danny's picture

Concrete slab being smashed up now. Anyone know if they are building to permit or something smaller?

redden's picture

Bates Smart design, now known as "Home Southbank". PaPa posted this partial render at the end of September. I looked at this less than a week ago. There were two excavators, but no sign of any work, so good to hear that they've started.

Bates Smart design apparently

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoOB7aDA6HQ/?hl=en&taken-by=grocon

SOUTHBANK | Home Southbank, 256-266 City Rd | 60L | ~190m | Build-to-Rent

Danny's picture

/Users/dannysmulders/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Thumbnails/2018/12/18/20181218-234206/wCn3fiETRCWc9D5EhuzEIg/thumb_IMG_0220_1024.jpg

Danny's picture

ignore that folks. Can't work out how to insert a photo!

Danny's picture

redden's picture

Have you got a photo hosting site yet, Danny? I find www.imgur.com really easy to use. Once you've opened a free account, just select a size from the "Auto resize" option (might as well go for the biggest), then click "Add images" , then "Browse" and select your pics, then "Open". When the pics have uploaded to imgur, click on the image that you want to post. When the "View and edit post" window opens, click "Copy" next to "BB Code" (2nd last option) and paste into the comment page here. You can preview before saving. All the best.

Danny's picture

Thanks for the image posting tip Redden!

redden's picture

No worries, Danny, and thanks for the pic. It'll be good to have an eye in the sky as this one rises. I can't find a decent full render, even after searching websites for Bates Smart and Grocon. It would be good if they've kept the original summit design. It'll be a busy precinct, with Palladium rising directly opposite.

redden's picture

Our database seems to be missing Mark. I really had to look for this one, because it doesn't have "Home Southbank" in the title and the thumbnail info on the left of the page still lists Altus/Moull Murray as developer/architect. Should the address be 256-260 City Road? No one seems to know the actual height, though Grocon's website confirms it as 60L. Archi, on SSC, tells us that it now has a flat top, and that Bates Smart have a model in their office. Grocon's website shows a thumbnail size render, with what looks like a flat summit feature, but the image is useless when enlarged.
https://www.grocon.com/home-team-secures-approval-for-melbournes-first-b...

Meanwhile, work continues and Crown's carpark provides us with a very handy viewing point.

Laurence Dragomir's picture

It's definitely there as I added it myself a few months back:

https://www.urban.com.au/projects/256-266-city-road-southbank

redden's picture

Thanks, LD, that's great. Can we add a link to the thread, please.

redden's picture

redden's picture

redden's picture

SOUTHBANK | Home Southbank, 256-266 City Rd | 60L | ~190m | Build-to-Rent[/QUOTE]

Danny's picture

Crane is in with a big fat Icon logo on it. Interestingly it doesn’t look jackable. Any thoughts on this? I normally see these cranes on low height buildings but this is approved for 60 levels.

Danny's picture

Pages