507 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Adrian's picture

I wonder if this building will ever be built ?

Well I wouldn't be panicking just yet. Even if this tower has sold out in record time like Aurora did they are not planning to appoint a builder till early 2015 with a view to commence mid-to-late 2015.

That said it is a little strange the way this building has kinda of half commenced sales. Reports of units being sold in Singapore and then several ghost websites cropping up as a mirror of the main website (whichever one actually is the original) and then it's all gone quiet, but maybe that's just an Asian marketing thing.

I suspect they won't start full local marketing till early 2015, either way I doubt they would have gone to the trouble of building that massive model, videos and full project price & specifications if they weren't planning for it to go ahead.

Chris Seals's picture

true.

Mark Baljak's picture

Sales were in full swing in Malaysia two weeks ago with local marketing in the new year

Also hear that BM were preparing a build for a 100 level tower on Southbank - no guesses

Chris Seals's picture

things are moving along.

Adrian's picture

Sales were in full swing in Malaysia two weeks ago with local marketing in the new year

Do you know of any news articles or updates on sales progress since that Singapore report in November ?

Also hear that BM were preparing a build for a 100 level tower on Southbank - no guesses

They've appointed a builder already, ahead of Aurora !? I'm surprised considering it's way behind in the sales cycle ..

Mark Baljak's picture

^ 100 level builds require a little more pre-planning I guess + no builder has been officially appointed, just what I've heard re an upcoming BM project on Southbank.

ResCom Malaysia and some other firm were holding an info/sales session at Novotel KL a couple of weeks ago - that's about all I saw

Adrian's picture

Finally some local marketing of A108 ..

SOUTHBANK | Australia 108 | 70 Southbank Blvd | 319m | Mixed Use

Local agent claims they have sold around 800 units between local and offshore sales, with the balance to be sold exclusively locally in Feb 2015 when the public launch happens. Not sure if I believe that figure but it's better than the ~200 units which was the last figure quoted anywhere.

Fans of skyscraper models would do well to check out the Southbank display suite when it opens - features the same giant 10ft model they've had overseas.

Fans of high-rise living that have the cash (and you'll need some) - a nice mix of units on offer here. If they carved up the Cloud apartments into smaller more affordable units would be an absolute no-brainer of a sale. I'd definitely buy one.

Chris Seals's picture

Any idea if the height is retained due to changes in the plans ?

Adrian's picture

What change in plans ?

The height is the same as it's always been since it got chopped down and re-designed from original 388m thanks to The Age raising hell about PAN-OPS.

In other words - it's 317m to the roof and 319m to the BMU ..

Chris Seals's picture

Now Crown has become involved, I am sure there will be changes made.

Fedsquared's picture

Think you might be confusing projects there Chris. Crown are involved with the Queensbridge Tower.

Les Whyte's picture

FEDSQUARED, is right Chris, Crown are involved with Queensbridge Tower, not Australia 108 you need to read things to know who is involved before you ask and waste other people time.

Chris Seals's picture

I will make an attempt to keep up to date with the facts.

Mark Baljak's picture

AFR
Brookfield Multiplex in talks to build Australia 108

Construction giant Brookfield Multiplex is the frontrunner to be appointed the builder of Australia 108 on Melbourne's Southbank, set to be the tallest residential building in the southern hemisphere once completed in 2019.

"World Class Land has entered into early contractor involvement with Brookfield Multiplex and is in preliminary discussions," a spokeswoman for the developer said.

Brookfield Multiplex, the construction arm of US real estate giant Brookfield, was recently awarded a $150 million contract to build two high-rise towers in Fortitude Valley for Melbourne developer Tim Gurner. It will also build a 39-storey office tower as part of Lang Walker's Collins Square project in Docklands.

World Class Land, a subsidiary of Singapore-listed Aspial Corporation, plans to begin construction of the controversial 319-metre high, 100-level tower at 70 Southbank Boulevard by the middle of the year.

Off-the-plan marketing of the 1105 apartments will kick off on February 14 led by CBRE managing director for residential projects, Andrew Leoncelli with a display suite also opening in February.

Australia 108 received final approval from former planning minister Matthew Guy in June last year, but not before it was cut back from 388 metres, a height that would have breached airline flight paths. Residents expressed concerns over the shadow it would cast over Southbank, St Kilda Road and the Shrine of Remembrance.

Asked what impact a $1500 administrative levy on offshore buyers – as recommended by the recent parliamentary inquiry on foreign investment – might have on appetite for the project, he said: "The Melbourne market remains buoyant and the demand for apartment living remains strong. Asian buyers have an appetite to live and invest in property in Australia that offers good returns."

Rohan Storey's picture

I saw this on the ABC TV news the other day, where they reported it had just got a permit, which I thought was odd, since it already has one ! Was that actually the funding or the marketing or what ?

Lookingupatbuildings

drunkill's picture

They have a sales stall inside Box Hill central for this and in a different area for UWS The Fifth. All Chinese promotional material, only the building name was in english.

melbourne's picture

Display suite is now open across the road:

Adrian's picture

Many people in there ?

melbourne's picture

I went in around 10am Saturday morning, there were only another couple on the bottom floor with me, not sure if there were any people upstairs.

Danny Boy's picture

Qantas743's picture

Make of this what you will...

Essendon Airport have completed their study into penetration of PANS-OPS which was discussed last year in the context of temporary penetration by cranes.

They've concluded that a temporary penetration of 150ft (~40-45m) is possible, but the maximum penetration time of 3 months cannot and will not be altered.

Each proposal that requires a penetration of PANS-OPS by cranes will need to seek approval from CASA and Air Services after being thoroughly examined.

melbourne's picture

I'm 75% sure I just drove past them erecting either supports for the facade for demolition or gantries or something. Drove past too quickly to be able to see properly, but something was happening, only 1 lane on city road was open.

Adrian's picture

Holy bloody moly your right !! McIver demo gantries up along City Rd frontage this morning. No further activity today being an RDO but will see how it progresses tomorrow ..

If it's for real it's *much* sooner than I expected ! Despite all rational arguments (ie. sales figures) I always had a funny feeling in back of my mind this one might actually start before Aurora - which might be starting later than expected ..

melbourne's picture

I'd suggest that sales are probably more progressed than we know, they probably already have a builder appointed and are planning, demo/site works until full construction begins mid-year. Opening says 2019, could mean early 2019.

Adrian's picture

Yeah maybe the agent wasn't fibbing when he told me 803 units had been sold when I went into the display suite over Christmas ..

Pages