Edit: Renders for the new page

Ryan Seychell wrote on Sat, 18/10/2014 - 13:19 ]

SOUTHBANK | Australia 108 | 70 Southbank Blvd | 319m | Mixed Use

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ SUBLIME! yessmileyyesheart

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Melbourne Muse's picture

Nothing wrong with that at all. Indeed, dare I say iconic. ;-)

Marvelous Mega-Melbourne

Bilby's picture

The tower design ... meh. The podium on the other hand is rather unique with its remarkable planters, lattice structure and retained heritage frontage. I can't think of anything else in Melbourne like it. Does anyone know what material the lattice of beams and posts is made of?

Paul_D's picture

I much prefer this version than the previous especially with the addition of the curves and the recessed lighting in the stripes. I only wish somehow they could have included the sky bar but perhaps it was unique to that design.
With regards to the treatment of the podium level, it appears to be an evolved version introduced in his Republic Tower on the podium there.

Andrew Lunchen's picture

There are some information here as well http://www.australia108-southbank.com/

Nicholas Harrison's picture

The level 100 penthouse (actually level 101 including ground floor) is above the plant levels 313m above ground!

There are 7 levels of penthouses that will be higher than the Eureka Tower observation deck.

Martin Mankowski's picture

So the level 100 penthouse will possibly have its own rooftop deck? Wow.

drunkill's picture

I doubt it, too windy.

Plus they still have to put some equipment on the roof like the BMU & rails for it.

The level 100 penthouse will be 804 square metres which is huge. $24 million would be a bargain in New York where a similar apartment would sell for $100 million. In Melbourne I'm not so sure considering the top level penthouse in Eureka has been for sale for over a year at $18 million with no buyers.

Les Whyte's picture

lf l had $30 million l myself would not buy the penthouse, why because how would l get out if a fire started half way up, just like what you see in the movie Towering Inferno.
And l would hate to think how much the body corporate fees would be on top of council rates, even those the views would be amazing to wake up to each morning and watch the sunset in the evening....?

Jack's picture

I personally thought this short video was an interesting perspective on how Aus 108 is being marketed to offshore buyers. Don't exactly know where, but obviously some where in Eastern Asia. Take a look if interested....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTHU-xlEPc

melbourne's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Great video! smiley

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Adrian's picture

Fantastic video !! Gosh those moving wide shot renders near the start are sublime ..

But does *anyone* know if this has gone to sales yet and how they are doing ??

It's been all very quiet so far on that front ..

melbourne's picture

Definitely at sales, last i read was they'd sold 133/193 apartments released.

Here's the article: http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/aspia...

Adrian's picture

Definitely at sales, last i read was they'd sold 133/193 apartments released.

Here's the article: http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/aspia...

Nice find ..

Yep that pretty much makes sense - 2/3rds of the building sold in an instant in the 2/3rds that's actually affordable.

I think the story of this tower will be the levels below the Star Burst sold quickly while the levels above selling poorly - I'm surprised they have priced the upper section so highly starting at $1.5M

Let's just hope it's enough for the building to commence construction at only 60-70% sold ..

Eric's picture

Hi Adrian,

The article actually says they have sold 2/3 of what they have released that weekend ie 133 out of the 193 not 2/3 of the 1105 apartments.

3000's picture

I can get behind this in a big way.
Looks so iconic next to the Eureka Tower.

Adrian's picture

Yes I realise and I meant 2/3rds of the 193 that were on offer not the whole building.

If it was 2/3rds sold in one day that would be pretty remarkable !!!

Mark Baljak's picture

Super-tall skyscrapers overshadow Shrine from 2km away: report

The southern hemisphere's tallest residential tower - approved in Southbank by Planning Minister Matthew Guy - will overshadow the Shrine of Remembrance on winter afternoons, a new report finds.
And another newly built Southbank apartment tower, approved under Labor in 2010 but approved to go higher in 2011, already casts a shadow over the war memorial, a Vietnam veteran's pictures show.

In May, he photographed shadows cast over the Shrine during the afternoon by Prima Pearl tower, a new 72-level Southbank skyscraper.
He emailed his concerns to Mr Guy, who told him the Napthine government's new planning laws for the Shrine protected it from shadows, and the 100-level Australia 108 tower he had approved in June would not shade it.

"You can be assured that the Shrine won't have any issues with shading, irrespective of any high rise approvals," he wrote.
Mr Plumridge sent Mr Guy pictures of Prima Pearl already overshadowing the Shrine but never heard back.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victoria-state-election-2014/supertall...

The ENTIRE Shrine Reserve will be overshadowed by the moon the next time there is a solar eclipse. What will the major parties do about that?

Certainly shows how desperate the residents of Freshwater Place are to keep their views.

Adrian's picture

Oh come on it wouldn't be Clay Lucas and The Age without a daily anti-skyscraper anti-development rant !!

I can kinda sympathise with the FWP residents over QBH Tower being proposed so close to them, but to have a go at A108 is just good old NIMBY'ism at it's finest.

This shadowing on the winter solstice argument is on par with PAN-OPS as the biggest anti-development furphy The Age has in their ammunition .. what are the statistics of it being cloudy between 11-2pm on June 22nd I wonder ?

I am betting >50% ..

Chris Seals's picture

I wonder if this building will ever be built ?

Chris Seals's picture

Not up to date, but may give a time frame unless someone has more recent news.
http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/construction-on-southbank-mega...

Pages