Error message

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in EntityAPIController->load() (line 219 of /srv/www/drupal7/sites/all/modules/entity/includes/entity.controller.inc).
461 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Paul_D's picture

My computer has been out of action for over two weeks so here's a collection of pics I have taken over this time

SOUTH YARRA | 3141 | Projects

Qantas743's picture

It certainly is imposing.

MelbourneGuy's picture

It would have been more imposing had the original height been adhered to. Mind you, it still looks good imo, unlike Pinnacle.

Mark Baljak's picture

nice pics

I think Buildcorp Commercial have picked up 10 Claremont Street's build, site has been boarded up this week

new zumbo shop in lilli

MelbourneGuy's picture

I've bought cakes from there. Interesting taste but certainly not worth the money imo.

Mark Baljak's picture

pinnacle

avenue

MelbourneGuy's picture

Anyone know when Lucia is supposed to get off the ground? It's been sitting idle for a long time.

Chris Peska's picture

Lucia has had its issues so to speak... No word as yet.

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Mark Baljak's picture

Central

Baillie Apartments

Paul_D's picture

I'm O'Ding everyone on The Avenue but they reached a milestone today on the south side.

Yesterday

Today

Chris Peska's picture

Paul... I don't think anyone could possibly OD on this building. Superb! And thanks for all the pics too :-)

Paul_D's picture

Drove past twice again in the last two days and took a pic each day. As of today it looks like the facade is pretty much done.

Paul_D's picture

Well I'm certainly pleased with the quality and design of this one. Its ever changing façade is captivating.

Michael Berquez's picture

It looks REALLY good

Kycon's picture

Icon have done a great job.

Gaffe313's picture

What's strange is the Lucia development website is suddenly offline and cannot be viewed anymore. They've also removed listings from realestate.com.au etc. Looking a bit grim?

Mark Baljak's picture

^^ looks like a gonner

43 Wilson Street South Yarra

9 levels, 9 apartments

Chris Peska's picture

^^Mini Phoenix?

Mark Baljak's picture

Claremont Manor apartments by SJB Architects, think Buildcorp Commercial is the builder

Mark Baljak's picture

gisele south yarra - 300 toorak road

Simon Kuperman's picture

Hey everyone, I've been following the site since around April and only now am I finally getting around to posting. I absolutely love this site, since I started uni in the city at RMIT at the beginning of the year I have become obsessed with the central city area and urban planning and this site has just helped further my passion throughout the year. So much so that I am seriously considering changing my degree to urban planning as I've become a lot more interested in it than Computer Science

Anyway, I was working in South Yarra the past few days and today I finally went around to check out all the development sites I only ever briefly see from the train.

South Yarra Post Office

Her Majesty Apartments - 11 of 16 Apartments Sold, construction begins in February

Yarra House - Guy at the display suite said it's 75% sold and that construction will begin in January

Central South Yarra

They closed the top half of Yarra Street on Saturday to put up the gantries and install the crane

Ella - Couldn't get much of shot with all the cement trucks in front at the time.

ALTO - Nothing happening yet...

9 Darling St

Popping into view from South Yarra Station

Pinnacle - I don't think it turned out too bad. I think people were only critical of it because pictures of it under construction were posted along side pictures of the Avenue, which is in a league of it's own.

Yarra St will look amazing once Central and Yarra House are complete. Now if only that ugly little brown building could go...

Also, on my way to work this morning I passed Lucia. There was a guy in a suit talking to a construction worker and another couple in the basement that had been built. It may not be dead as of yet.

MelbourneGuy's picture

I live in SY and I must admit that it's a joy for a skyscraper nut like me to walk around and enjoy all the construction.

Mark Baljak's picture

thanks simon, quality pics

alto south yarra, hayball anyone?

melbourne's picture

Ella:

The Avenue
SOUTH YARRA | 3141 | Projects SOUTH YARRA | 3141 | Projects SOUTH YARRA | 3141 | Projects SOUTH YARRA | 3141 | Projects SOUTH YARRA | 3141 | Projects

Central

Mark Baljak's picture

construction start date nominated as 15 Feb, completion September 2015

Pages