Last post

Pages

Mark Baljak's picture

second pic is magnificent!

Paul_D's picture

Not sure if there was much progress but here's one from this arvo

SOUTH YARRA | 3141 | Projects

Michael Berquez's picture

This glass is so clever.....considering it is bronze I can only see white and blue reflections in that pic above.

prop303's picture

What a building, looking absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the pics

Kycon's picture

Bronze on a wavy building like this and Pearl have an amazing effect. On A'beckett tower where the facade is flat, it makes it seem more of an office tower than resi imo

Chris Peska's picture

thats true. but i still like the bronze facade of a'beckett and strangely enough, i have grown to like 33M. It will be interesting to see Adobe when it starts to get some more height.

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Michael Berquez's picture

33M has grown on me also. I like it's clean white lines with the gold glazing.

Andrew Mck's picture

Love this building, those window frames are a small price to pay to have this building built, but those windows look great when they are open though so its a winner in my book .
Plus its a fantastic "gateway" for Chapel st .

Paul_D's picture

Ok it's official. I'm obsessed with this building.
With glass like this (and to think it's currently really dirty) it's no wonder why!
With Pearl having very similar glass I feel we are just so very very lucky. What I believe it will do, is inspire other architects for future projects. Here's hoping anyway :)

Taken this afternoon (Saturday)

Mark Baljak's picture

room 11 - office complex south yarra

M's picture

I quite like that. It has a Tokyo vibe.

Laurence Dragomir's picture

Shades of SAANA's New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York.

MelbourneGuy's picture

It's interesting where they're putting this. Space is definitely at a premium in SY.

Gaffe313's picture

Any news/updates on Lucia?

MelbourneGuy's picture

I walk past Lucia most days and as yet I haven't seen any action there. Must admit though, it's a great spot with all the new restaurants going up there.

Gaffe313's picture

Lucia has been going at a snails pace. Been nothing but a hole in the ground for 2 years. I can only assume it's not selling very well.

Mark Baljak's picture

AFR
Yarra House to rise with views secured

LARRY SCHLESINGER
Construction of Yarra House, the boutique apartment project in South Yarra’s Forest Hill Precinct, will commence in November with its million-dollar views secured by developer Michael Yates.

Mr Yates offered to buy the ‘air rights’ from residents of 19 Yarra Street – the two-storey building directly in front of the site of Yarra House – for $250,000 in December 2011, but was rebuffed.

He has since acquired five apartments at 19 Yarra Street and successfully transferred the air rights by way of separate title to the owners of Yarra House, preventing a higher building potentially rising one day to block views.

Empty-nesters from the surrounding suburbs are a large constituency of the 60 buyers to purchase off the plan in the 95-apartment project so far. Construction firm Icon Co will build the $90 million tower, which is due to be completed in mid-2015 and is a joint project with Michael Yates and Co and property development group Red.c.

Mr Yates told The Australian Financial Review “unashamedly” that it had been a challenging project to get over the line.“We’ve finally got enough sales to get financing,” he said.

The original 114-apartment concept was launched in April last year, but has since been reduced to 95 larger apartments, with the aim of appealing to the downsizing baby boomer market rather than investors.

MelbourneGuy's picture

Work has started at Yarra House. Taken this morning.

Chris Peska's picture

Good to see! Thanks for the pics MG!

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Kycon's picture

L.u.simon at it again...

Mark Baljak's picture

might just call the pics above central south yarra

Paul_D's picture

Almost done and showing a blue hue to the glass