In Urban Melbourne 2.0 we have rolled out a new content type and Visual Melbourne section.
If you'd like to submit images for the Photo of the day series, you can do so by posting (hotlinking) them here.
- Images must be your own work
- Images to be in landscape (we'll be able to do portrait aspect ratios in future) with a minimum width of 1024px and no wider than 1500px.
- Images to be no larger than 500kb in file size
- Name for Copyright purposes (displayed on all pages and also in the modal window when users view the image in full screen format). Your full name or your Urban Melbourne username is fine.
- If you're a blogger and you'd like us to link to where you may have original posted the image on your blog or just like us to link directly to a landing page on your blog, please provide a URL. YES! We're more than happy to link back and help boost your SEO.
- A suggested title for the image (this forms part of the URL on Urban Melbourne - we may adapt this to our own requirements).
- A short description of the image (no more than 70 characters).
Images that are more likely to be picked by the editors: urban related images: street scenes, architecture, urban life, construction and above all else Melbourne.
If you could please copy and paste this bolded text in to a post in this thread and provide the respective information when you are submitting
< hotlink the image by using the [ img ] http://path.to/image.jpg [ /img ] BBCode format >
By submitting on this thread, you are agreeing to this simple agreement: you retain copyright over your own work and grant Alamar AV Communications Pty Ltd (publisher of Urban Melbourne) a license to reproduce your image on its network (urban.melbourne).
The editors will be watching this thread and if we decide to publish your submitted image (there are no guarantees), we will notify you by private message on Urban Melbourne. If you don't already have an Urban Melbourne account (you need one to post on the forum), you can sign up here.