Summerhill Property Pty Ltd & Elenberg Fraser
3 buildings, 473 apartments

site

massing & circulation

internal louvre system

north tower floor plan

facade diagrams

Chris Peska's picture

Wow! Is there anything that EF aren't doing at the moment? Looks fantastic!

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Melbman's picture

^^ It sure is a great design.

I agree.. EF seem to have taken over :)

Nicholas Harrison's picture

Another great additional to St. Kilda Road.

Mark Baljak's picture

are EF the only firm in town not lured by the almighty asia/me wave of money?

Michael Berquez's picture

Beautiful....surprised though...where is AAMI going?

Peter Maltezos's picture

Nice, more please! yessmileyyes

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au
Mark Baljak's picture

VCAT approved during March

Crz's picture

Love this render but will need to see it in details. It will be an immaculate building if quality materials are used.

Really happy to the space they've done. It will be good in they could incorporate some retail tenants to activate this small "apartment community"

3000's picture

Very nice. The city needs some high quality development like this.

Riddlz's picture

Called 'St. Boulevard'

Riddlz's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

few more

Mark Baljak's picture

A few new ones - sweet views

redden's picture

St. Boulevard is now "Magnolia".

photo sharing sites

Mark Baljak's picture

looking to go with a revised exterior on these buildings

redden's picture

An article in the Domain magazine of today's Age cleared up my confusion over the name of this development. The overall project is still called St Boulevard, with Magnolia the name of the distinctive stepped tower on the corner of High Street and St Kilda Road building (19L). The three buildings that make up St Boulevard are named after trees, with the other two buildings dubbed Anaca and Gingko. The developer is claiming that Anaca and Gingko are almost sold out, with marketing now focused on the 128 unit Magnolia.

redden's picture

Dean has reported on SSC that Icon has won the build tender for the three towers, so maybe we can expect demo soon.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=397465&page=64

image url upload[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

The Xmas/NY shutdown is almost worth it when January often brings a start on some major new projects. Queens Place is the headliner, but we can add St Boulevard to the list. I've been driving past regularly and today spotted some equipment (City Circle) parked around the back. There was one bloke outside and he told me that demo is starting today, so my timing was spot on. The three buildings comprising St Boulevard should be quite a landmark in St Kilda Road, especially the tallest of them, the "ski-jump" Magnolia building.

redden's picture

Icon's signage has gone up at 601 St Kilda Road, whilst City Circle are getting stuck into the demo work.

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

Not much left to go on the St Boulevard site.

Mark Baljak's picture

St Kilda Road developers sell into a crowded, competitive market

Melbourne's prestigious St Kilda Road is proving a tough environment for developers as a swelling number of new units on the tree-lined boulevard increases competition for sales.

The Shakespeare Group, which has appointed builder Icon Co to start work on its three-tower St Boulevard residential development at 601 St Kilda Road, said it was a challenging time.

"The Melbourne apartment market is certainly competitive at the moment, particularly around the inner-ring and along St Kilda Road, where there are a lot of projects that have recently launched," Shakespeare Group director Catherine Law said.

The Elenberg Fraser-designed development, due to complete in early 2020, will add 420 new apartments to the precinct sandwiched between Albert Park and South Yarra that has historically been volatile in its supply and is now reaching an apparent peak. And while St Kilda boasts some of Melbourne's most prestigious apartments – such as the St James 'tower of power' at 350 St Kilda Road – new supply coming on stream will be subject to the same dynamics of tighter credit and curbs on investor lending.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/real-estate/record-supply-st-kilda-road-developers-se...

redden's picture

Wow, they seem to have segued from demo to construction without missing a beat.

redden's picture

They're establishing the perimeter along High Street, whilst still clearing up the balance of the site.

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

[/QUOTE]

Pages