278 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Martin Mankowski's picture

^^ Agreed.

He'll get a permit, flip it, and the new developer will submit a new design. There's no way it'll get built in the style of his furniture!

zenith's picture

True, and he'd essentially be a glorified owner-builder. Unlikely he'd get the funding.

3000's picture

I would love to see what he would end up doing. Bring back some of that Italian Kitsch instead of the Mainland Yield aesthetic.

Mark Baljak's picture

Riverina
FOOTSCRAY + MARIBYRNONG | 3011 +3032 | Projects

Mark Baljak's picture

Fair beast - Riverina

Summus

Marque

Grampians's picture

how come i can never see Mark's pics...error 404?

redden's picture

I haven't been able to see Mark's shots for days.

Mark Baljak's picture

Can you see yesterday's batch?

Les Whyte's picture

l also cannot see Mark's photos posted on the 10/09/2017- time: 13:37PM, l can see his photos posted on the 15/10/2017-time: 14:32PM.

Aussie Steve's picture

All visible to me.

zenith's picture

Pics are fine here.

Will Hain's picture

Just read on the Footscray River Action Group's facebook page that the Riverina development is in trouble

They wrote

“$200,000 of tools gone missing... including a crane!
Up in Smoke have been asked for their CCTV recordings
About 30 workers sacked....
Developers and Union at loggerheads 
No activity on the site for over a week.”

They stated that these are rumours so I hope that is the case, just rumours. Would hate to have a unfinished building sit dormant there for any length of time.

Mark Baljak's picture

Was at Up in Smoke earlier in the week and it was still an active site with plenty of workers doing what they do.

Will Hain's picture

That is good, had an anxiety attack when I read what FRAG posted. Hope they are not true.

Alphabridge's picture

Hey guys. I work in construction and know a few blokes who worked on Riverina. They all say it’s been a complete shitshow from the start. I struggle to believe some of the things I’ve heard. The builder is a Chinese startup with zero expertise and the management are friends and family with no experience at all. This has led to a crazy amount of errors and mismanagement that have fucked the job big time. Hiring the wrong people, buying the wrong materials, forgetting important tasks. Workers and subbies getting paid late or not all. I’m told the formwork company, plumbing, electrical, concrete, steelfixing and plastering companies have changed multiple times each. Now you know why the project is barely half finished after two years.

I’ve heard there have been several break-ins over the course of the job so far, tens of thousands of tools stolen although I don’t know about $200K, that seems very high. One time a manitou, not a crane, was stolen. Last I heard the formwork company was short on cash and last month they sacked nearly half their workforce, around 30 blokes. Union wouldn’t have been happy about that but I haven’t heard about any work stoppage/industrial action. Work did stop for about two weeks earlier in the year but that was due to a fuck up with structural integrity of some of the columns, making the site unsafe.

Mark Baljak's picture

^^ Cenvic Construction Pty Ltd - not exactly a recognised builder

Marque Maribyrnong

Summus

Mark Baljak's picture

Hope these are visible

Marque Maribyrnong

Summus

Mark Baljak's picture

new pic of Kinnears site

zenith's picture

Timelines?

Mark Baljak's picture

Display has been complete for half a year, decked out with model and renders. Who knows...

zenith's picture
pdoff's picture

Seems the hearing was on 7 March. If it was in liquidation now it's status on ASIC would say 'Externally Administered' but it's still saying 'Registered'.
The matter could have been settled, dismissed or adjourned. Or the liquidator may not have lodged the wind up notice with ASIC yet (they're usually rather quick and lodge by the next day though).

This is from the ASIC website:

Name: AUSTRALIA CENVIC CONSTRUCTION PTY LTD
ACN: 608 196 747
ABN: 67 608 196 747 (External Link)
Registration date: 11/09/2015
Next review date: 11/09/2018
Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Locality of registered office: FOOTSCRAY VIC 3011
Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Mark Baljak's picture

^^ No name builder, no surprise.

Kinnears stage one is under construction - 14L

Will Hain's picture

Hi Guys

Re Riverina:

I had a look on the ASIC website and in the documents lodged section there was a notification of application to wind up company lodged on the 2/02/2018, and then
Notification of withdrawal of application for winding up lodged on the 7/03/2018.

So this may mean they found more funding or a clever way around their financial difficulties, at least it gives hope.

I did see, in my googling, that they were sued by Austral Precast (judgement date 26 September 2017) for just under $1.9 million. They were ordered to pay this sum plus costs. That would have hurt a bit.

On the upside there was activity on the site today.

Hope they can overcome these issues, really don’t want a half constructed shell of a building sitting around long.

Will

zenith's picture

See posts 247 and 248.

Pages