82 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

3000's picture

This is one of my favourites down this way.

Garmatt's picture

Agreed - this is awesome! A classic example of when design matters over height.

3000's picture

If they nail the circular podium I'll call it a win for sure.

melbourne's picture
Garmatt's picture

Astoundingly good. The whole precinct looks just like the renders now. They've really done a great job here......MAB, isn't it?

Peter Maltezos's picture

Two thumbs up from me and MAB it is. smiley

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Bilby's picture

It's time this thread had an appropriate soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKBuE7bNFM

Primal Beauty's picture

Lol...I had to pinch myself...see you can be "so nice" and romantic obviously...bossa nova!
Not sure whether I detected any sarcasm in your post though.
What about the 'Girl from Ipanema' by the same singer; that was a hit!

melbourne's picture

DOCKLANDS | Banksia New Quay | 429-437 Docklands Drive | 17L | 68m | Residential
DOCKLANDS | Banksia New Quay | 429-437 Docklands Drive | 17L | 68m | Residential

3000's picture

This and what's behind it really make the package.

tiankd74's picture

I really love this type of development. Banksia has a park of 4600m2 with her, and I believe this is the project Melbourne needs. Not that high density and the large internal size with large balcony. This type of apartment is the liveable apartment! Melbourne needs no more dog box!

Brad's picture

It's just such a shame that the park was placed behind the building and not on the water front. A very nice building, but the Docklands residential community lost a nice open space which connected well with the water and was used for Christmas Carols, Australia Day, NYE etc

Dean's picture

The park is in the right spot as the sun is in the northern sky. If it was located on the waterfront, with the tower behind, it would be in shade for most of the year.

Melburn21's picture

and Banksia will also act as a wind break for the park

melbourne's picture

3000's picture

The facade is actually one of the few here that seem like an actual response to the area. The wave-like cladding looks fantastic.

melbourne's picture

theboynoodle's picture

Does Banksia have parking?

Laurence Dragomir's picture

It's underneath the park.

redden's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Absolutely SUBLIME!smiley

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Rohan Storey's picture

I do like the expression of the banksia (the flanking buildings a bit blocky) but mainly I can't believe that these are all happening, overshadowing the only bit of the waterfront promenade that wasn't already overshadowed. I understand that they will shelter the park that enjoys north sunlight from the cold wind, but the whole promenade becomes cold and dark. I've only been there a few times and it was pretty awful, only the enclosed restaurants on the water were busy - but i admit that was ages ago, maybe it's busier now ? Or maybe they've given up on the promenade ever being too popular, because there's no way to make it less cold and breezy. It's been what 15 years now, and docklands still doesn't have a pleasant waterfront promenade lined with cafes - the north facing Lendlease side oddly has very few cafes, and it's pretty windy and cold too !

Lookingupatbuildings

redden's picture

They seem to have finished installing the decorative features on the summit, whilst paving is beginning to extend into the park area. On a day like today, with intermittent sun and cloud, the park looks as though it should capture enough sunshine to be inviting, particularly when the shops facing onto it are occupied by cafes.

redden's picture

About a month since the last shot and there has been some progress, I guess. The ground floor has glass now.

DOCKLANDS | Banksia New Quay | 429-437 Docklands Drive | 17L | 68m | Residential[/QUOTE]

Mark Baljak's picture

Pages