93 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Primal Beauty's picture

Maybe apart from developers greed planners do not want the public to use much that side of the promenade, since it will be mostly residential and there is other more northerly side which would be wider and maybe with more amenities since it would be more protected from the wind factor...I just assume all these things...lol...it is fine by me as far as they put some chairs between those light fixtures...it is wide enough to walk and cycle...

Grampians's picture

one asks where the Council and the "planning" minister are on stringent waterfront access and minimum tolerances and design standards? asleep at the wheel as usual

johnproctor's picture

some wider shots from the south side of the river.

DOCKLANDS | 889 Collins Street | 31L & 25L | 90m & 73m | Residential

redden's picture

They've almost finished tidying up around 883 and 889 Collins, with the riverside promenade beside 883 open now. The landscaping between 883 and 889 has been dubbed Adela Walk (I think it was "Walk") and is a curious shared vehicle/pedestrian precinct, before becoming an nicely paved plaza at the river end.

DOCKLANDS | 889 Collins Street | 31L & 25L | 90m & 73m | Residential[/QUOTE]

Alastair Taylor's picture

Looking good - just needs more people outside of business hours.

Mark Baljak's picture

First walk around there - appalling ground level, first pic says it all

Garmatt's picture

.....and second pic.
Third pic is better, but then they go and plant bloody gum trees. Docklands will never feel like part of the CBD with all that planting of natives going on.
God - I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Why not just put some melalucas in there!

32 Blocks's picture

Discover Melbourne’s Past, Present and Future at 32blocks.org

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Some nice shots there Sydney, it has been awhile since you've graced this forum with your photos.

You've hit us like a tsunami and I'm loving it! yessmiley

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

zenith's picture

Pass on the photos. Trying way too hard to be artsy.

32 Blocks's picture

Thanks Peter, getting time to share pics is very rare these days. The book, media events, art exhibitions etc. is keeping me very busy. I am just pleased to read that you enjoyed the tsunami ;)

Grampians's picture

@zenith
...and artsy is a problem..?
Seriously questionable attitude and motives my good fellow

32 Blocks's picture

The last of the batch:

DOCKLANDS | 889 Collins Street | 31L & 25L | 90m & 73m | ResidentialDOCKLANDS, MELBOURNE ©27 by Sydney Struwig, on Flickr

DOCKLANDS | 889 Collins Street | 31L & 25L | 90m & 73m | ResidentialDOCKLANDS, MELBOURNE ©19 by Sydney Struwig, on Flickr

3000's picture

Man, they messed up the chance to get some nice waterside activation going on this one.

Garmatt's picture

Don't stop on Zenith's account (weird comment, BTW - downright rude!).
These are some of the best pics I've ever seen on this site or Ozscrapers. The above pics make Docklands look amazing. That cluster of buildings in Vic Harbour has ended up looking, from some angles, like a load of different seafaring vessels - like the hulls of ships.

Primal Beauty's picture

Well the buildings still look authentic as in Melbourne Dream's photos; he just managed to take the best angles and work the camera in buildings favour to emphasize the design features which some people might not be able to notice otherwise...not everyone pays attention to aesthetics and details while walking around... and Docklands is becoming more and more fabulous as the time passes by and it nears to its completion...just wait for the harbour promenade to come into realisation and complete the missing link in Docklands!
Melbourne Dream, or Sydney, as I would refer to him is a wonderfully exquisite photographer and we are lucky to have him!

3000's picture

Zenith seems to be in a shit mood.

Pages