428 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Danny Boy's picture

Latest renders:

CBD | West Side Place | 250 Spencer Street | 4 towers | 270m | 79L | Residential

CBD | West Side Place | 250 Spencer Street | 4 towers | 270m | 79L | Residential

Adrian's picture

She's almost ready to sell sell sell ...

.. finally !!

Mark Baljak's picture

thread title updated

that overhanging pod looks interesting

Michael Berquez's picture

It looks incredible

Qantas743's picture

Project has apparently already launched in China with strong sales/expressions of interest.

Still on track for a May launch locally.

Justin Zhu's picture

could any floor plate or plan shared? many thanks. ;)

Justin Zhu's picture

My friend, any floor plate or plan shared? many thanks. ;)

db2's picture

Top third is a Ritz Carlton, hence less apartments need to be sold to make T1 viable.

SYmlb's picture

Db2; I think others have alluded to both T1 and T2 going up at the same time due to shared podium so who knows.

Will be glad to see this corner of the CBD finally get something worthy go up. Been a very long time overdue.

db2's picture

I doubt two towers will go up at once. UWS across the road has gone up one tower at a time. I believe the same will occur here. But I have no inside knowledge.

3000's picture

I am kind of disappointed about how this area has turned out. For some time this end of the CBD has been kind of lacking and the UWS hasn't really done all that much to liven the place up at all. This one could go a long way to bringing some life into the area if done right. Hotel with excellent street level activation could go a long way to making it better than the current tower+cafe template that I am seeing far too much as an afterthought.
I like the idea of all areas of the CBD being used instead of huge stretches of resi entrances with maybe a cafe. Why not put a bar in one of them? Not club that will attract yobos but something where people can literally take a few steps from SC station and go relax.
This sort of thing seems to be leaving the city with the ones that have managed to escape becoming way overcrowded.

Mark Baljak's picture

With the Savoy about to close the problem gets compounded.

Also as the area is being redeveloped there should be thought as to how to get rid of the DFO and replace it with some thing far better - it is just about the worst build in Melbourne in recent memory.

SYmlb's picture

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't there to be numerous other towers (office and residential) proposed to go up on the SXS site where DFO is? Any idea what happened there Mark?

Maybe these towers could still go ahead. Or they could wait to see what happens with Etihad and maybe demolish the lot of it all together.

Pretty sure a tower was originally proposed.

Mark Baljak's picture

yeah one curved office tower to Collins and two resi's on Spencer

Adrian's picture

Ready to roll at last ..

A new height of luxury in the CBD

As a Colliers International VIP client, we invite you to be the first to visit Melbourne's most anticipated CBD sales gallery.

Proudly positioned at the corner of Lonsdale and Spencer streets, the highest tower of West Side Place will soar 81 storeys with the prestigious Ritz-Carlton hotel proposed to occupy the top levels, becoming Australia's tallest hotel. Recognising this new centre of the CBD and selecting West Side Place for its first ever Melbourne site, the hotel will host a realm of luxurious guest comforts and hotel suites.

Featuring 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, West Side Place itself will afford residents access to a remarkable array of recreational and leisure spaces.

That monster display suite is so big it will house 2 fully completed apartments - a first for a Melbourne display suite I would think ?

http://www.westsideplace.com.au

That second tower looks like it'll just nudge over 200m in the tender ... Be nice if we had some exact plans for all 4 of them ;-)

Don't know why they're really bothering, most of Tower 1 has sold already.

pdoff's picture

That first render (after the sales office photo) is the most promising I've seen of this project yet.

db2's picture

@Michael, the other tower apartments will need to be sold. Plenty apartments in this project.

The quality of glass they use will be extremely important. T1/Ritz is a simple old-school 5-sided tower, straight up, the finishes will be key. I like the gold/bronzy summit. It's a little bit like Queens Place. Some night lights up there would be good ala QP.

3000's picture

Which tower will have the Ritz?

db2's picture

The tallest one. Top 17 floors of 81 levels.

With enough cash anyone can stay in the near top floor presidential suite.

Dean's picture

The Ritz will be in the big tower.

Sorry: you beat me to it...

And plenty have sold already.

Dean's picture

^^I heard that tower 1 is basically already accounted for.

Anyone know of final heights yet? I noticed a pic recently with 275m for the big tower. RL 282m - 7m.

It is accounted for....more or less.

and yeah, I got 276m for tower 1

Pages