428 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Adam Ford's picture

Have they employed the designers of the original Age building on the podium by way of perverse tribute????!?!

Peter Maltezos's picture

it just sickens me how these developers try and use classy words like RITZ and other regal words to sell their buildings, how stupid do they think we are?

As Alistair said:

100 years of history.

CBD | West Side Place | 250 Spencer Street | 4 towers | 270m | 79L | Residential

Countless rewards. With an unshakeable credo and corporate philosophy of un-wavering commitment to service.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Corporate/History/Default.htm

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Danny Boy's picture
Peter Maltezos's picture

Lol, they must be listening to us!laugh

Before below and after above.

CBD | West Side Place | 250 Spencer Street | 4 towers | 270m | 79L | Residential

Adam Ford's picture

Yes, but what's with the clouds of mustard gas they are now planning on releasing at the bottom end of Bourke Street?
Trying to murder all the Upper West Side residents to snare local amenities for THEIR tenants?

Chris Seals's picture

The clouds are reserved for those that's rhetoric is what could be considered negative and grubby, they will subside when the comments become less antagonizing.

Adrian's picture

http://www.news.com.au/travel/australian-holidays/ritz-carlton-to-open-a...

Ritz Carlton to open Australia’s tallest hotel in Melbourne

THE Ritz-Carlton is coming to Melbourne to overshadow Australia’s existing luxury hotels.

That’s figuratively overshadow and literally overshadow.

The 79 storey Ritz-Carlton at 250 Spencer St will be the tallest hotel in Australia when it is built by Far East Consortium property developers later this year.

That’s almost 30 floors taller than the Melbourne’s current tallest hotel, Collins St’s Sofitel, almost 20 floors taller than the Gold Coast’s Hilton Surfers, and four floors taller than the World Tower skyscraper in Sydney.

Figuratively, the Ritz Carlton plans to overshadow Australia’s existing ritzy hotels with its centuries old reputation for elegance and luxury.

In fact, the hotel chain invented the word “ritzy” which the dictionary actually lists as the very definition of elegance and luxury.

“When the president of the United States travels anywhere, he stays in the Presidential Suite at the Ritz, such is the hotel’s unparalleled reputation,” Far East Consortium executive director Craig Williams says.

Melbourne Lord Mayor recently complained that hotel occupancy rates were through the roof and the city needed more rooms for hire.

The Ritz Carlton development in Melbourne should make available 250 more rooms to visitors to the city.

Mark Baljak's picture

a very agreeable outcome

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ AGREE!! yessmileyyes

Nicholas Harrison's picture

Michael Berquez's picture

Probably the most exciting development for me.

Adrian's picture

Courtesy of Curtain at SSC the SSL is 291m with 12m ground floor RL for an overall height of 279m above ground for the Ritz Tower.

Judging by the renders then I'd say the other towers are 250m, 240m & 220m+ which would be a very agreeable outcome indeed !

3000's picture

Exciting outcome, can't wait for it to go up. Are all of the towers going to be Ritz hotel suites?

Nicholas Harrison's picture

We don't know for sure the height is 291m (AHD). Even if it is the same number of levels as the master plan there have been changes to the floor to floor levels and the top of the tower that could change the overall height.

Chris Seals's picture

when will this project start construction? Hope it starts this year, for this is a minimum of 4 years.

Mark Baljak's picture

Danny Boy's picture

I'm not convinced that diagram is accurate.

If 295-309 King Street is 287.3m AHD for PANS-OPS how can this site a bit to the south be 283m for PANS-OPS?

Doing some basic calculations using other known PANS-OPS heights on a map, this site should sit at 290m AHD.

Perhaps the 283m refers to height above ground but even then, lowest the Ground level goes is 11 to 12m which seems too high for PANS-OPS (295m)

Bilby's picture

A more human scale street frontage would be nice - you'd have to be 6 metres tall to get any benefit from those street awnings!

Adrian's picture

Well if it is accurate then 270m above ground is still a pretty good outcome for the site ..

EDIT: That PAN-OPS on the drawing has gotta be a typo 293m would be more like it not 283m - Aurora is 285m and its closer to the airport - which if so would make 280m a nice round figure for this building height !

Danny Boy's picture

Something does seem wrong here:

I put together a small map of known PANS-OPS heights from other sites.

As you can see 283m makes no logical sense given the direction of essendon airport.
They haven't just made a typo on one number, its on all the numbers.

Perhaps something has changed recently with PANS-OPS? I recall also seeing an airspace diagram for 350 Queen Street that stated 283m, which is also odd given its location.

Qantas743's picture

Maybe it's something to do with the crane penetration, i.e. they're getting more stringent with it?

Could explain why 350 Queen has stopped at 246m.

Chris Seals's picture

Get rid of the airport.

Alastair Taylor's picture

Don't even need to do that, just need to disallow takeoffs from a certain category of light aircraft on runway 26 from Essendon (westerly take off direction), and all the PANS-OPS hullaballo will disappear.

Adrian's picture

Don't even need to do that, just need to disallow takeoffs from a certain category of light aircraft on runway 26 from Essendon (westerly take off direction), and all the PANS-OPS hullaballo will disappear.

So utterly ridiculous it makes you cry ..

Danny Boy's picture

Pages