428 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

melbourne's picture

CBD | West Side Place | 250 Spencer Street | 4 towers | 270m | 79L | Residential
CBD | West Side Place | 250 Spencer Street | 4 towers | 270m | 79L | Residential

Chris Seals's picture

will this project go ahead ??? or will it be sold to another consortium?

melbourne's picture

I'm quite certain it's going ahead

Chris Seals's picture

lets hope so Ryan, it will be a great extension to our skyscape, as long as there is quality this can only enhance the city of Melbourne.

melbourne's picture

Multiplex signage up

Adrian's picture

^^ Thanks Ryan.

Would not surprise me at all if this actually begins construction before they have even launched sales locally - my information is they have already pre-committed enough apartments overseas for the first two tallest towers to begin.

Chris Seals's picture

Lets hope they start very soon,for the sooner they start the sooner they finish, which means the sooner they can look at other projects.

melbourne's picture

No worries. I couldn't be bothered crossing the road to see what work (if any) was taking place. But it wouldn't surprise me if they went straight into constructing the basement levels with full construction beginning after an official launch/sales campaign in Australia.

Nicholas Harrison's picture

Adrian's picture

Superb !!! Thanks so much for posting Nicholas.

The facade looks so much better than the earlier renders now we can see them clearly - classy & modern.

I estimate about 85L in the tallest tower inc. mezzanines putting it around 275-285m as we originally expected.

The top levels of the Ritz itself - wow can't wait to see some up close renders of that looks like it will be something special :-)

Michael Berquez's picture

Looks brilliant. Quality and class. My only gripe is imagining those poor Ritz Carlton guests stepping out of the building at street level only to be faced with the grim ex-DFO building on the other side of the road.

MelbourneGuy's picture

I'm sure the DFO building won't be there forever either.

drunkill's picture

Street level looks terrible, hopefully it is improved. The terraced (carpark levels?) 'gardens' could turn out alright but that street frontage is poor.

melbourne's picture

Definitely better than I expected, street level doesn't seem to be fully resolved, but will probably turn out better than it looks.
Wish that render seemed a bit more legit to get a gauge of height, couple of buildings chopped off make it hard to consider it accurate. I'll be happy with 280m, will look massive.

Garmatt's picture

Horrible

3000's picture

I love the colour of the towers but the street level could use another go.

Peter Maltezos's picture

The detail in the glazing for the towers is fine.

The podium, especially the first 5 levels need to be redesigned, they have a horrible 1970s look about them, not much better than what they replaced. 

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Laurence Dragomir's picture

Podium appears poorly resolved as does the top of the building (albeit from a distant aerial) and I'm not overly enthusiastic about the colour of the glazing although that might just be the renders.

3000's picture

It looks like the podium was designed for another project and reused for this one. If they can redo the podium and make it work this one will be a real winner.

Mark Baljak's picture

odd place for a display(if it is) - thought they would have placed it further to the east as the ritz-carlton on that corner is the first build. anyways looks like tower crane starter setup in there as well?

Chris Seals's picture

Looks like this one is now in construction stage, cranes are the first piece in the jigsaw.

melbourne's picture

Read the other day construction will start next year. Don't know how accurate it was though

chris's picture

it just sickens me how these developers try and use classy words like RITZ and other regal words to sell their buildings, how stupid do they think we are? this over use of regal words has just come to the point of corniness!!!

Alastair Taylor's picture

You know that the Ritz Carlton is a hotel brand name that's existed for quite a while yeah?

[or did my sarcasm detector temporarily go on the Fritz?]

Melbourne_Fragments's picture

If that grey podium was built 30 years ago where it belongs, and currently stood on the site, we'd all be crying for it's immediate demolition as an eyesore

Pages