Error message

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in EntityAPIController->load() (line 219 of /srv/www/drupal7/sites/all/modules/entity/includes/entity.controller.inc).
272 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

melbourne's picture

CBD | Premier Tower | 134-160 Spencer Street | 78L | 249m | Residential & Hotel

melbourne's picture

Martin Mankowski's picture

Is it just me, or does this one seem\ to be going very slowly? 5 months and not much done...

SYmlb's picture

I think demolition only finished after the Australia Day weekend so only a few months in and they're still doing site prep works, seems about right. Probably not going to have a corebox formed until July. Feels slower I guess since the tenants of the old building did not leave until the lease elapsed in November 2016.

redden's picture

They were levelling off on Monday, ahead of a crane arriving on Friday, which will bring in a piler for some work, before excavating another couple of levels.

CBD | Premier Tower | 134-160 Spencer Street | 78L | 249m | Residential & Hotelimage hosting websites

CBD | Premier Tower | 134-160 Spencer Street | 78L | 249m | Residential & Hotelhost image

redden's picture
redden's picture

Bit hurried.

redden's picture

[QUOTE=redden;140962234]CBD | Premier Tower | 134-160 Spencer Street | 78L | 249m | Residential & Hotel

redden's picture

No open doors for me to nip inside today, but it all looked satisfyingly busy, so bring on the raft slab, cranes, glass, glass, glass....

Mark Baljak's picture

Singapore's Fragrance bags sales in Australia

Fragrance's best-known tower in the local market is the so-called Beyonce building in downtown Melbourne, a 79-level residential tower in Spencer Street.

Known formally as Premier Tower, the project's 780 apartments are now 74 per cent sold, according to its quarterly results.

The distinctively curving design of Premier tower is said be modelled on pop star Beyonce and inspired by her Ghost video.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/real-estate/singapores-fragrance-bags-sales-in-austra...

redden's picture

Can't remember ever seeing such massive piling tubes. Lucky shots, as I ducked in an open gate.

This is the NE corner where they were working last time.

CBD | Premier Tower | 134-160 Spencer Street | 78L | 249m | Residential & Hotel[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

A constant stream of concrete trucks in the short time that I was there. They're working hard.

melbourne's picture
Adrian's picture

As much as I miss the recently renovated Savoy Hotel damn this is welcoming site - the irony being of course that if the old site owner hadn't of renovated the derelict pub this tower probably wouldn't have happened as by his own admission - "As soon as I restored the old Savoy Pub the offers to buy the land came flooding in .."

Let's hope the mooted retail/bar at the new podium does justice to the old watering hole that came before it ..

Garmatt's picture

An amazing and unique shape - surely this has got to be one complicated build...?

redden's picture

Did you climb the scaffolding too, Ryan?

Melbourne Muse's picture

This really is taking forever to get out of the ground - with months more to come by the looks of proceedings.

Marvelous Mega-Melbourne

melbourne's picture

Haha that's dedication! Mine is taken from a gap in the hoarding on Spencer Street next to the Vibe Hotel.

redden's picture

Well, between your chinks and my athletics, we've got this baby covered! Only problem is, if there's anyone on site, I'll be spotted the minute I pop my head above the parapet. With their stout defence, the chances are that I'll get an arrow between my eyes!

redden's picture

Another clean getaway!

redden's picture

They've started pouring at the southern end. Bumped into a friendly guy who I've spoken to before. When I asked if they hoped to have the core above ground before Xmas, he said they had been aiming for it, but probably not. He said the seven level hotel podium would take a bit of time, but things will accelerate nicely once the tower gets going. He hadn't heard anything about a hotel operator being selected.

CBD | Premier Tower | 134-160 Spencer Street | 78L | 249m | Residential & Hotel[/QUOTE]

will west's picture

core crane up today

redden's picture

melbourne's picture

will west's picture

does anyone have the webcam link to this?

Pages