Pages

32 Blocks's picture

Discover Melbourne’s Past, Present and Future at 32blocks.org

melbourne's picture

CBD | Fulton Lane | 151 Franklin Street | 45L&29L | 150m&107m | Residential

melbourne's picture

rod charles's picture

Finally the overseas investors get to see the shortcuts taken on the front facade. Investors were sold and elegant planter frontage and Setia has given them what looks like the Monash freeway plank noise barriers. The cheap front looks awful. No class at all, with very little resemblance to the architects design. When I visited the showroom prior to construction. Sales said this is their flagship entry to the Melbourne market. I fear what other shortcuts have been made where it cant be seen. If this obvious cut has been made to what was an elegant facade.
Looks cheap guys shame shame shame

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Looks fine to me and compared to the rendering below, the finished product actually looks better!

The spandrel panels are superb and my friends who have purchased an apartment in this complex (not overseas investors) can't wait to move in.

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

rod charles's picture

you can't be comparing the artists impression on photo set 131 to the current fake timber planter boxes shown in the last real picture of series 125. The smart glass safety rail and the modern horizontal low profile planters that we see in the architects design are definitely superior and more classy than the brown plastic boxes installed now. Frankly that is what was advertised and marketed. You have to be kidding yourself or you didn't look at the real picture. Those I've spoken to are upset.

Michael Berquez's picture

I agree Peter, for me, the real life version is way better than the renders.

Mark Baljak's picture

not often you can say that

rod charles's picture

ok then guys, I cannot post pictures here of the two comparisons so I suggest some one who can get the two pictures, the last picture of series 125 which is the as constructed photo and the architect picture that was used in the advertising to sell these apartments to everyone and post them side by side . Then ask for purchasers to vote. There is no comparison between the original elegant glass balcony safety barrier then the smart horizontal paneled planter compared the the brown plastic fake timber boxes delivered now. You guys are kidding yourselves. Open your advertising brochures and take a good look at the architects design of the timber facade balcony. If you use the architects balcony picture presented over two pages you will understand. I am confident this wont happen but I'm calling your bluff here. Let everyone genuine purchaser see the two pictures and if interested vote here in the forum . As I said if I could post the photos here I would. Then there would be fair comparison and comment. Cheers all

melbourne's picture

Looks great at sunset:

Bilby's picture

That last photo is fantastic, Ryan!

melbourne's picture

Cheers!

MelbourneGuy's picture

Top shot old fella!

32 Blocks's picture

17 APR 15

CBD | Fulton Lane | 151 Franklin Street | 45L&29L | 150m&107m | Residential17 APR 15 - 02 by oh.yes.melbourne, on Flickr

29 APR 15

CBD | Fulton Lane | 151 Franklin Street | 45L&29L | 150m&107m | Residential29 APR 15 - 5 by oh.yes.melbourne, on Flickr

Mark Baljak's picture

^^^ nice pics

32 Blocks's picture

melbourne's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

32 Blocks's picture

Alastair Taylor's picture

Top shots - thanks for all the pics you've put on the forum tonight OYM.

32 Blocks's picture

Thanks Alastair, you are most welcome :)

Peter Maltezos's picture

OK, Fulton Lane is pretty much finished apart from the retail outlets which at this stage only have two confirmed tenants, a Thai ice-cream parlour and the one I can't wait to open, Andrew's Hamburgers:

Andrews Hamburgers owner Greg Pappas (back) outside the teaser signs at the new store on Franklin St in the city. Picture: Tim Carrafa

NEARLY eight decades in the making, Melbourne’s oldest and most famous burger joint is finally flipping open a second store. 

Albert Park institution Andrews Hamburgers is expanding into the city, 76 years after the family business opened during WWII.

The year was 1939 and burgers cost a shilling and threepence. Today they’re $12.50, but owner Greg Pappas continues to serve the traditional-style buns pretty much the same way his great uncle’s father-in-law did when he opened the Bridport St shop all those years ago.

The new digs on Franklin St, part of the Fulton Lane development, is expected to launch in early August with the same menu and a similar old-school fitout.

But unlike the original, it will offer extensive seating, milkshakes and Sunday trading.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/albert-park-institution-andrew...

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Pages