612 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Adrian's picture

Sorry my bad just habit I've corrected it ..

Thanks Mark obviously I didn't take those photos have to thank my usual reliable sources for them ..

Bilby - another nice little subtle dig at the destruction of our street level wharehouse character but you can't blame Aurora this time it's only replacing a car park. You can blame those other towers on literature lane and little la trobe

3000's picture

Taken from MY80?

Michael Berquez's picture

Bloody hell Bilby, the way you waffle on you'd have people think Melbourne was like Montparnasse in the 1920's.....which it clearly wasn't.

Mark Baljak's picture

Looks green here
CBD | Aurora Melbourne Central - 224 La Trobe Street | 90L | 271m | Residential

db2's picture

@Mark,

The glass is quite something. It is both green and purple. When looked at flush on it is a dark purple, but when viewed at an angle it is green. The designers did some funky coatings and we get this multi-color effect.

Note, green and purple are the common colours of an Aurora:

This is going to be a spectacular tower, something to be proud of.

Adrian's picture

Nice comments re: glass colours and the Aurora db2 .. a reminder for those who missed it the Aurora features in their brief promo video as well ..

Meanwhile ProBuild + I&D are not mucking around at all - they're now extending the safety screens down to double height to facilitate the curtain wall installation ..

This is quite unprecedented for tower construction in Melbourne (indeed most places) as Curtain Wall is usually installed below the safety screens behind simple barriers once the screens have raised (eg. Australia 108) or behind the standard screens right after the floor is poured.

You can also expect to see the upper core narrow in the coming weeks - they are literally pouring the service level 32a today then after a raise the wesmost third of the upper core steps back as the serviced apartments lift shaft ends here.

Mark Baljak's picture

Ligh House, EQ followed the same method if I recall

Adrian's picture

Yes they did .. as I said some towers have had glass assembled behind the screens ala. EQ & Lighthouse ...

.. but both of these had screens spanning 5 levels - Aurora's span a whopping 8 levels !!

Mark Baljak's picture

Nice tone of purple in the late afternoon light

melbourne's picture

^ Nice!

redden's picture

Loving the photos, but it's always better in reality. It's going to be beautiful...and B..I..G.

CBD | Aurora Melbourne Central - 224 La Trobe Street | 90L | 271m | Residential[/QUOTE]

Michael Berquez's picture

Wow......are we witnessing the birth of the best looking resi tower in the whole country? I think we are.

3000's picture

I suggest you all go down and see it in person if you can. This is one big tower.

Laurence Dragomir's picture

Not so convinced about that podium - glossy glazing aside.

3000's picture

Yeah I thought the podium would a little more inviting. It's mostly office space anyway

Adrian's picture

There are vertical fins with white LED lighting still to be installed on the podium to jazz it up a little but I agree it's not the towers strong point - still beats the shocker of a car park that was there before ..

Greats pics redden much appreciated espesh being away at the moment ..

Melb on's picture

I think we are all in agreement with this one it should be a beauty. However, it is a pity the rest of the street is not up to scratch..... the Melbourne Central across the street is an absolute disgrace. The council also need to do a lot of street planting along here,in fact the whole street needs to be landscaped as it goes all the way to docklands. It could become a beautiful avenue like Collins with a bit of foresight. I sometimes wish I could get on the MCC town planning think tank to give them a kick up the arse! They are useless.

zenith's picture

"An absolute disgrace?" Tone it down.

3000's picture

I disagree about Melbourne Central but do agree 100% that this area is in need of some greenery. Hopefully the plans for this include some greenery at street level.

Garmatt's picture

Spot On Melb On.
I also wonder what the hell the MCC do half the time. With all the bloody new revenue they are raking in from the CBD they seem to have little vision and even less action. I mean - Elizabeth Street FFS! They move at a snail's pace and do the bare minimum half the time. Don't get me started on shitty ripped up awnings all over the place.......

Andrew Mck's picture

Im also in agreement about the blight that is Melbourne Central's LaTrobe St wall.
I know that MCC need to pay the big bucks for their pet projects like redesigning logos and changing all the pedestrian lights to resemble the female form, but even if they just manged to deliver the slightest improvement along that section it would be a huge plus.

redden's picture

CBD | Aurora Melbourne Central - 224 La Trobe Street | 90L | 271m | Residential[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

Redden's shot compared to the render - just a little more to go

Adrian's picture

Haha great work guys .. appreciate the updates especially as I'm away at the moment

Can't see a noticeable difference in the shading of glass but then with all the reflections it's difficult to see in most angles.

Pages