Error message

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in EntityAPIController->load() (line 219 of /srv/www/drupal7/sites/all/modules/entity/includes/entity.controller.inc).
140 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

32 Blocks's picture

I haven't heard from any of them - they have decided that it is best to act as if nothing happened :)

Discover Melbourne’s Past, Present and Future at 32blocks.org

Bilby's picture

I wonder if this might not have something to do with meeting the Six-Star energy rating? A full glazed wall of south facing windows might present a problem in that regard?

Nicholas Harrison's picture

CBD | 85 Spring Street | 142m | 39L | Residential

Mark Baljak's picture

Blank wall? If so what a joke

Melbourne Muse's picture

Clay Lucas was good enough to get back to me yesterday. We discussed 85 and the contradictions between Wynne and Grocon. Clay was unaware and said he would look to resolve this and possibly print a story or, at least, get back to me with an outcome.

Marvelous Mega-Melbourne

32 Blocks's picture

Strange, I sent him a message on Twitter with the pics regarding the conversation between myself, Grocon and Wynne.

Melbourne Muse's picture

OYM, I ascertained during my discussion with Clay that pictures don't exhibit on his phone. He wasn't able to see the pics of 85 Spring and understand what I was talking about until he opened up the link I supplied on his desktop. Might explain something?

Marvelous Mega-Melbourne

32 Blocks's picture

Ok, thanks for that, I hope that he can be instrumental in stopping the concrete version before it even begins :)

petken's picture

Has there been a resolution to the apparent contradictions between Wynne and Grocon?

R. Petken

melbourne's picture

Grocon are currently applying for an amendment to the application. I assume that it refers to the changes between the approved design and the design in the sales renders.

melbourne's picture

Laurence Dragomir's picture

I didn't think it possible but they've managed to dumb it down even more. Really average outcome.

Mark Baljak's picture

wtf

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Must not upset anyone should we, let's make it blend in and dull as possible!

This design would please it's neighbours, with matching setbacks/rooflines on Spring Street.

.....Looks to me me like it was designed in 1973.no

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

Qantas743's picture

Wynne got what he wanted.

Michael Berquez's picture

Really no better than your average CE development

Bilby's picture

How will this compare to the Hadid tower at the other end of the grid ... hmmm.

3000's picture

What a trashy outcome for this end of town.

Mark Baljak's picture

petken's picture

How can this happen? The Minister knocked back the original proposal for poor architectural expression (among other things). Do these changes require approval from the Minister?

R. Petken

Michael Berquez's picture

Yuck.....although I do love the ground level treatment

Nicholas Harrison's picture

3000's picture

Looks like the podium for an office building, doesn't suit the location at all. Was hoping for something a little more active and open given the high traffic area.

melbourne's picture

Hopefully it gets a design amendment in the process:

Grocon steps it down on Spring Street

Private developer Grocon has put its upmarket residential project on Melbourne's Spring Street into the market, with a view to winning co-investment or selling out completely.

It follows persistent approaches by local and offshore parties keen to get control of permitted sites in the Melbourne CBD.

Grocon has adopted a similar course for its residential development at the old CUB brewery site, at the north end of the city, where it brought institutional investors into two separate projects.

The decision to reduce its exposure at 85 Spring Street – either in part or completely – also comes amid concerns over a potential apartment oversupply, flagged again this week by BIS Shrapnel.

The private developer, headed by Daniel Grollo, secured the Spring Street site, occupied by a 16-storey office tower, for $45 million three years ago.

Plans for a $300 million apartment tower were initially rejected by the state government as an overdevelopment of the site, which overlooks the leafy east end of Collins Street and the parliamentary precinct.

After trimming the height and cutting the number of apartments, Grocon was granted approval to develop in July last year.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/real-estate/grocon-steps-it-down-on-spring-street-201...
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

32 Blocks's picture

I am hoping that it is purchased by a wealthy developer who is looking at a more upmarket project and redesign. I despise this project with a passion.

Pages