201 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

redden's picture

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

Milestones have been passed recently, with some cladding and the formation of the cantilevered wall facing Collins Street.

The NEXT hotel's core box is up.

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

80 Collins Street, where the accompanying NEXT hotel's core box is above the Little Collins Street level now.

With that cantilevered Collins Street façade, 80 Collins is going to be very prominent. This is from Collins and Russell.

[/QUOTE]

Mark Baljak's picture

the service level grillage looks very average up close

redden's picture

Yes, and three levels of it. We've got some glass.

Next hotel core.

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

As a relief from service grilles, a stretch of glass was going up on the Collins Street frontage today.

The NEXT hotel.

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

Bump

Mark Baljak's picture

Could squeeze a tooth pick between the towers

Mark Baljak's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

redden's picture

Beautiful glass on the Collins Street frontage, and the core will be covered, as with 311 Spencer.

NEXT hotel.

[/QUOTE]

Radio's picture

Great updates. Besides Macquarie Bank, do we know any other tenants that have been confirmed for this tower?

Peter Maltezos's picture

Agree, thanks for all the updates REDDEN!
You were missed.

I collect, therefore I am. thecollectormm.com.au

redden's picture

Thanks, guys. It was no surprise to see that the scale of Melbourne's current talls boom dwarfs developments in the Pacific rim cities I visited i.e. Seattle, Vancouver, Tokyo and Taipei. We seem to be the only city embracing colour, too, though I'd love to have Tokyo's Iceberg building (not far from the famous Shibuya crossing, and home to wework).

redden's picture

The glass when it's sunny.

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

Nauru House, that was, is gradually disappearing, when viewed from the south. It's good to see the Swan Street bridge all tidied up, after its re-vamp.

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

[/QUOTE]

redden's picture

The NEXT hotel has its first cladding and glass.

[/QUOTE]

Adrian's picture

Not sad to see Nauru house disappearing from view - that East End of town so desperately is overdue for a skyline change from what is probably the most commonly broadcast view of Melbourne ie. people who watch the Tennis or Cricket etc probably think Melbourne's skyline hasn't change in 20 years or so ..

redden's picture

Channel 9's weather person was reporting tonight from a new elevated bar, and the panorama extended all the way from the east end to Southbank. I hope some of that perspective gets broadcast widely.

Bill Stolk's picture

From 120 Collins:

Adam Ford's picture

"It's great that an important Seidler building is being obscured because tourists all judge a city by how much they see its skyline changing". The sort of comment one has to come almost exclusively to this place to hear.

Hey remember that shot of Denver you saw 20 years ago that you can remember in enough detail such that you could tell how many new buildings its skyline has today?

3000's picture

cutting it reeaaallly close to Naru House

Pages