64 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

melbourne's picture

Could also just be the approved height of the old proposal

Danny Boy's picture

Thanks Ryan, I may have jumped the gun on this one.

It does indicate "proposed" and not"approved" but the roof profile fits the old scheme.

I guess it's all to easy now to believe heights have been cut to fit under OLS :)

Danny Boy's picture

Any reason why the previous tower application is now showing up as approved December last year?

https://planning-permits.delwp.vic.gov.au/greenlightExt/public/main.aspx...

Danny Boy's picture
Mark Baljak's picture

looks that way

Danny Boy's picture

68 levels according to the hun

"The tallest is a $150 million, 68-level building at 280 Queen St with 533 units, a gym, spa and cinema.

Developer Brady had originally sought a 45.6m office podium height, but 18.6m was finally approved by Planning Minister Richard Wynne."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/victorian-government-approves-...

Danny Boy's picture

207.2m not including plant

CBD | 280 Queen St | 207m | 68L | Mixed use

Qantas743's picture

Not a major update but a friend of mine who works in the existing building told me that his firm has been ordered to vacate by the end of February.

Adrian's picture

Brady really have been sitting on their hands for a while now. The display suite on Little Lonsdale still has the Vision model up and no sign of pre-sales marketing for either this or 380 Lonsdale St despite the latters website being back up again now as you reported recently Q743.

One wonders if they're sitting out a current market slowdown or waiting to unleash in the new year .. I should pop my head in there and ask the question.

Wian's picture

The Podium looks absolutely ridiculous ! Looks like its been hit by a tram , or an earthquake !

A pre-schooler could have designed something better

Mark Baljak's picture

Brady skyscraper in the balance as partners go to court

The fate of a $300 million Melbourne skyscraper hangs in the balance after a falling out between its joint developers – the Brady Group and its minority partner property investor Xue Bin Wu – spilt into court.

With only a preliminary hearing in the Supreme Court so far, the Brady Group is racing against the clock to resolve the wrangle in order to meet a construction deadline.

Under the conditions of its state government planning approval, work must begin on the project by June next year.

A directions hearing for the case will not be until mid-November, adding further pressure on the warring parties, who face the prospect of their approval lapsing.

Court documents reveal just how bitter the dispute has become between Xue Bin Wu, also known as David Wu, and the Brady Group, a prolific development company led by Tony Brady, which is well known for its projects in the Melbourne CBD.

In contention is joint control of 68-level apartment tower approved last year for 280 Queen Street. The 207-metre building comprises 533 apartments.

The Brady Group and David Wu formed a joint venture in 2014 to develop the property, with Brady taking a 67 per cent stake and the minority held by Mr Wu.

Brady put up $23.785 million to purchase the site for the venture, according to an affidavit by Brady Group general manager Simon Pethica.

Under their agreement, it is alleged, both the partners were then to jointly approve and authorise development expenses and then work on a more detailed joint venture agreement.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/real-estate/brady-skyscraper-in-the-balance-as-partne...

Adrian's picture

Oh geez another Tower Melbourne on our hands !?

FWIW I don't mind the podium at least it has some angle and not just a plain box ..

3000's picture

In the hands of someone other than Brady the podium would look good. But something something screw Brady.

Pages