Historic Macquarie Street building for lease

Historic Macquarie Street building for lease
Historic Macquarie Street building for lease

A Georgian style building built in 1842 is up for lease in Sydney's CBD through Tom Buxton of Colliers International.

The three story building, 171-173 Macquarie Street has just undergone a full refurbishment has just been completed with new services and bathrooms. 

Naming and signage rights are available (subject to council approval).

Horbury House is a combined pair of 3 storey terraces with a basement, originally part of a terrace of seven residences extending from the corner, and part of a continuous streetscape of terraces.

They are the last residential terraces in Macquarie Street (apart from No. 145) and are located between a 1970s office development and a 1940s office building.

Only the facade and some roof framing survive from the 1842 building constructed for Ousley Condell.

It was named after Horbury, an area in England.

From the 1890's its access to Sydney Hospital made the terrace an ideal site for surgeon's professional rooms. More recently, as the medical character of the street changed, it has been used as company offices.

Tags: 
Commercial Listing Georgian

Comments

Be the first one to comment on this article
What would you like to say about this project?