Historic St Joseph's Convent in Bungendore, NSW listed

Historic St Joseph's Convent in Bungendore, NSW listed
Historic St Joseph's Convent in Bungendore, NSW listed

St Joseph's Convent, a 1890s brick two-storey building in Bungendore, New South Wales is still on the market. 

Doug Merriman of Ray White Bungendore has the listing. 

Opened in 1891, St Joseph's Convent at 54 Turallo Terrace was once the home of Saint Mary MacKillop during her trips to Bungendore.

The original features of the building include fireplaces, skirting boards, cedar doors, plaster cornices, ceiling roses and stained glass window.

It currently comprises four guests with bathrooms, three additional bedrooms, two kitchens, scullery, dining room, lounge room and two additional bathrooms.

Historic St Joseph's Convent in Bungendore, NSW listed

There is a Chapel to the eastern side of the Convent comes with stained glass windows and mezzanine area where madrigal singers once preformed.

Other features of the property include large Catalpa tree, rose covered arbour, lavender hedges, flowering bulbs, large walled courtyard and terrace.

Approved as a dual occupancy residence, St Joseph Convent could be converted to accommodate various uses such as retail, medical centre, four individual apartments, wedding venue, restaurant or educational facility with council permission. 

Historic St Joseph's Convent in Bungendore, NSW listed

It is close to local amenities including schools, restaurants, shopping centre and train station, a short 20 minutes drive to Queanbeyan and an easy 30 minutes from Canberra. 

It was previously offered by expression of interest with a March closing date. 

Tags: 
Bungendore

Comments

Be the first one to comment on this article
What would you like to say about this project?