Moreton Bay Ladies College now a Pullenvale Queenslander

Moreton Bay Ladies College now a Pullenvale Queenslander
Moreton Bay Ladies College now a Pullenvale Queenslander

The Moreton, formerly Moreton Bay Ladies College at Brisbane's Wynnum has been listed for December 13 auction.

There's a 16 room modern style Queenslander home on 3.4 hectare grounds with tennis court and pool at Pullenvale.

The school was originally built in Wynnum in 1901 before its relocation in 1986. It was designed by English architect John Iley Green.

It has been listed by the Malecky family through Ray White agent Will Bertelsen.

It last sold in 1994 at $1.05 million.

There is around 1000 sqm of internal living space.

Moreton Bay College was founded in 1901 by Miss Alice J. Alison Greene and her sister Anne, in a school specially designed and built by their father.

Its location was in the heart of Wynnum town, on Bay Terrace, bounded by Charlotte and Florence Streets. The school was originally called Moreton Bay Girls' High School.

In 1944, the Greene family handed the school over to the Methodist Church 

Eventually, the Uniting Church assumed responsibility for the college.

The languishing boarding house, down to fifteen in 1980, was closed by the Board, with regret, at the end of 1980.

Current enrolments are at 1200 students at its Manly West holding.

 

Jonathan Chancellor

Jonathan Chancellor

Jonathan Chancellor is one of Australia's most respected property journalists, having been at the top of the game since the early 1980s. Jonathan co-founded the property industry website Property Observer and has written for national and international publications.

Tags: 
Property market Queenslander

Community Discussion

Be the first one to comment on this article
What would you like to say about this project?