One Queensbridge Street approved
It was announced by the Premier and Planning Minister this morning that One Queensbridge Street, Southbank - previously known as Queensbridge Tower - has been approved.
A media release distributed this morning confirmed the project will maintain 388 hotel suites and 708 residential apartments across its 90 floors.
The Government has also taken steps to ensure Crown Melbourne and the Schiavello Group give back to the state, with a $100 million community benefits package, including:
Victorian Government media release, 9/2/2017
- A $25 million upgrade to Queensbridge Square, including landscaping and two new cafes
- A further $15 million for the Sandbridge Rail Bridge
- Landscaping and public realm improvements on Southbank Boulevard, including a new bike strip
- Street furniture and additional trees along Queensbridge Street, and better connectivity with Freshwater Place
3,000 direct and indirect jobs are anticipated during the construction phase and once complete a further 1,000 operational jobs are expected to be created.
The pecking order
We've come a long way since Rialto ruled over Melbourne's skyline.
|Project / Building||Height (metres)||Status|
|One Queensbridge Street||323||Approved|
|Australia 108||319||Under Construction|
|38 Freshwater Place||272||Planning Assessment|
|West Side Place Tower 1||270||Registration and Sales|
|Aurora Melbourne Central||267||Under Construction|
|120 Collins Street||265 (spire height)||Built|
|101 Collins Street||260 (spire height)||Built|
|308 Exhibition Street Tower 1||254||Planning Assessment|
|308 Exhibition Street Tower 2||254||Planning Assessment|
|Bourke Place||254 (antenna height)||Built|
* heights rounded to nearest metre.