Brookfield Multiplex appointed builder for Australia 108, piling to commence in October
The tower will become Melbourne's first super-tall skyscraper measuring 319 metres housing 1,105 apartments over 99 levels. A super-tall skyscraper is a building which measures more 300 metres in height.
Urban Melbourne has learned that construction will have five stages. The first stage of construction is scheduled to be completed in 2018 and the entire building will be completed in 2020.
The construction stages have the following milestones:
- Stage 1: up to level 40, 491 apartments, to be completed late 2018
- Stage 2: up to level 56, 252 apartments, to be completed mid 2019
- Stage 3: up to level 66, 162 apartments, to be completed mid 2019
- Stage 4: up to level 86, 120 apartments, to be completed early 2020
- Stage 5: up to final level, 80 apartments, to be completed mid 2020
Stages 2 and 3 will be complete in different months in mid 2019 and the awarded construction contract is valued at $500 million.