Trucks chaos threat to city, Adam Carey, The Age
How did Melbourne's 'laneway culture' come about? Alan Davies, Crikey.
- One should make it a weekly habit of reading Alan's blog, the best from this week.
Melbourne's best breakfasts - Top 10, Anna Spargo-Ryan, The Guardian
- What's everyone's thoughts on that list? I haven't visited any of them - plug for the best of my locals, Fine and Dandy Food Stuffs, I'm not a coffee drinker, but the food is top notch and in a superb location - well positioned to take advantage of the increasing development around Albion & Melville Road, get down there before it gets crowded!
Mayor in the market for a revamp of Queen Vic, Shane Green, The Age
- Yes, get on with it Mr Lord Mayor.
Which AFL club should I support? Katharine Viner, The Guardian
- Sorry Pies supporters, but see my own reply in the comment thread.
Tower plan could doom iconic music venue, Aisha Dow, The Age
- Ryan's sourced a much larger image which you can view in the Melbourne General News (Projects & Construction) forum thread.
A car-free Yellow Brick Road? We're not on George Street anymore, Andrew Taylor, Sydney Morning Herald
- Here's hoping PJK has an opinion to broadcast about the art which will be chosen by the City of Sydney Public Art Advisory Panel, or will the Sydney media steer clear of him given his reputation for dishing out the colourful verbiage, long after leaving Canberra?
Chrissy Amphlett Laneway would be a perfect Melbourne tribute, Jessica Adams, The Guardian.
Have I missed other good weekend reads? Post a link in the comments below, and remember: